St Brendan’s School
St Brendan’s is situated in Our Lady of the Valleys Parish, around the corner from Our Lady of Grace Church. Our school provides a happy and secure environment where children are nurtured and encouraged to set goals and strive to reach their potential.
St Brendan’s School is an integrated Roman Catholic School situated in Heretaunga, Upper Hutt. The school is a full primary for children from new entrants to year eight. The name St Brendan’s was chosen by the founders to reflect the missionary character of the Missionary Sisters of the Society of Mary (S.M.S.M Sisters) who originally staffed the school.
St Brendan’s School is a Decile 8 and according to the integration agreement has a maximum roll of 290. The school population is largely New Zealand European 67%, with 11% Maori, 9% Pasifika and 13% Asian Ethnicities.
Follow this link for a Map of St Brendan’s School
St Brendan’s School Beliefs
- Effective education involves a partnership between family, school and the Catholic Church.
- Quality teaching is critical to student development.
- A strong educational foundation leads to an ongoing desire for lifelong learning.
- All areas of the curriculum are valued.
- To create positive citizens, our school develops the spiritual, mental/emotional, family/social and physical wellbeing of each child.
- Children will flourish in a safe, happy and welcoming environment.
Sailing to success.
We will be an inspirational Catholic School that challenges students to be the best that they can be, whilst walking hand in hand with Christ.
We are a Catholic School providing students with the challenge to strive for personal excellence, to celebrate their successes, grow spiritually and become positive contributors to society.